Sunday, January 10, 2010

a poetic start

A poetic phase. It has begun. the world shifts and while i occupy the same space within it, my mind rotates back to where it enjoys settling the most. on a poetic phase. the world is more beautiful this way.

today my phrase is:

things are harder
now that you've gone

it only takes a few words for me to be moved. the emotion and story backed by the utter complexities of the simplicity of life are enough to bring me to my knees. maybe i want to cry here. maybe i want to sing. if there's a god, he exists in between the poetic phrases. these spaces, the silent spaces, are what we call love, faith, and trust. we wish we could find words to express the way we love the things we love. but we cannot. words cannot capture the spaces between the poetic phrases. so, we are left with the poetic phrases. the emotions the hang above our heads, the concoction of a deeper understanding.

the aim of this blog is not to update my daily life. not to focus on the cultural differences of america and korea. it's not outlandish, no, it's quite expected korea and all it's oddities will find it's way into this blog, but it will never be the focus point.

this blog is a way of sharing art. of sharing what matters most to me. entries are never guaranteed, but will come as often as they can. this, i do promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment